Old November 23rd, 2004, 02:29 AM
Christopher P. Cericola

Default Bait Cast First Timer

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
Are the braided lines more problematic regarding cutting in or overruns?

I'm fairly new to bait casters myself..I started out with mono and have just
started moving over to braid..as explained ot me, braid can be a tad harder
to cast because of its weight but regardless of that it's more difficult to
pick out backlash, especially bad backlash.

This was what I was told and may not be 100% accurate to your situation.
Since I've switched to 30lb power pro, I've found no issue with casting and
no real additional difficulty getting out backlash.

Your mileage may vary..i certainly recommend you become proficcent with mono
before trying what may be more advanced.

Christopher