Old June 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty[_2_]

Default Feeding Frenzy

That's a great experience Bob. The closest I came to that was fishing from a
Lake Ontario pier one evening when a frenzy erupted and I got a hit on every
cast for 20 minutes (smallies) and had to very reluctantly quit because of
darkness.

You didn't mention a body of water, but I'd be curious if it was a pond,
large lake or river. I'd also be curious as to why you (wisely) selected a
Kastmaster since that lure is not exactly at the top of the bass fishing
radar screen.

Congratulations on a terrific outing.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
We found multiple wolf packs of bass chasing bait fish everywhere
yesterday from 4 in the afternoon until well after sunset. I love fishing
poppers, but they just wouldn't take it. We all whacked them on spinner
baits and crank baits. I even had a couple doubles on a crank bait. I
would have been thrilled with the numbers I was catching on either bait,
but one of my buddies was getting hit almost every cast on a buzz bait.
They wanted a fast moving bait. I pulled out a 3/8 oz Kastmaster and
started burning it back to the boat as fast as I could reel a couple
inches below the surface. I went 30-40 casts straight with a hit on every
single cast, and until we called it a night I never went more than about 4
or 5 casts without a hit. I caught so many fish on that Kastmaster and had
so many hits that I straightened out ever point on its treble hook atleast
once and had to bend it back. I couldn't even begin to count how many
hits I had or even how many fish I quick released swinging them into the
boat on that failing hook, but I bet I landed over 50 fish. They were
mostly dinks, but there were plenty in the 13" plus range with the biggest
handful going to 2 or 2 1/2 pounds. I have not had that much fun and had
that good of a bite in a long time. I was still getting bit about every
4th or 5th cast when we finally decided to head in while there was still a
little failing light to dodge sandbars by.

Both of the guys with me did as well. What I found particularly
interesting was that when we first came on the activity none of us had to
say a thing. Among exclamations of, "Wow," and "Did you see that," we all
simultaneously reached for the nearest rod and made a cast. We all hooked
up on the first cast too. The other thing I found interesting is that
even though we were catching fish we all kept adjusting to try find
something just a little bit better.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com