Old August 1st, 2006, 11:51 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Default life imitates art

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Op,

Where do you live (in what state)? I want to review the regulations.

Your pal,

http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_02_regulations.htm

Op

Op,

I'm confused. A few posts back you said "if there was no catch and
release in this part
of the country, there'd be no trout to fish for." yet, in the
regulations, even those in special regulated wild trout waters, the
daily creel limit is 4. While there are some places where it is pure
C&R, they seem the exception. As a management paradigm this is wholly
and provable unnecessary and a mandatory kill and quit for all trout
over, say, 16" would be at least, if not more, effective. I'd wager a
bet that the wildlife commission, if asked, would say the exact same
thing. Do you want me to ask them or will you?

Your pal,

TBone
Guilt replaced the creel.