Old May 31st, 2011, 12:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default A rare opportunity...

On May 30, 8:45*am, " wrote:
On May 30, 2:46*am, riverman wrote:

On May 29, 10:28*pm, jeff wrote:

On 2011-05-27 16:33:44 -0400, "JT" said
:

Incredible! So what did that trip run door step to door step in '05 a
nd
how much would you figure if you had gone this season? On a scale of
1
- 10, where did this trip rate? What trip would you do over again
because it was so good.

I believe the cost for the trip was about $4k, plus air fare to
Anchorage, the overnight, and air fare to Petro. *I remember the far
to Petro was $1200 which I thought was a bit steep. *I think it went
for about $5700 this year, plus travel to Moscow and then on to Petro.

The air fare was expensive as was the overnight in Moscow.

The Kamchatka trip is up to about $10,500 now...
http://www.flyfishingtravel.com/kamchatka/index.html

--riverman

That's the steelhead trip. *Twelve days instead of the normal six. *T
he
trips to the Sedanka and the Zhupanava are around $6000. *I was
planning on the steelhead trip, but swmbo......... * d;o)

Dave

Hmm, $6K for a six day trip, plus expenses? That's kinda steep. Why
not come join me for a Taimen trip in Mongolia...its $4700 for a 10-
day trip. I know you have Labrador already booked, but we could do a
trip at the end of July. :-)

A cursory check of airfares show the cheapest flights at $2675 up to
$5+k, with a total time of 22 hours from Atlanta to Ulaanbaatar.

uh...well mongolia is out...no way i can sedate myself for 24 hrs of
travel, and i'm done with $10k trips... reckon it's graham county,
carteret county, and hyde county til the lights get cut off...

jeff

Sorry I missed your post. Yeah, Mongolia is pretty far away, so it
takes a bit to get there. The best flights connect through Seoul, so
you can break up the flight with a shower and a nap or even a few days
checking out the sights (SK is not NK), and you can get the price down
if you buy the tickets separately (ATL-ICN (Seoul)) is $1900, ICN-ULN
is about $600. *The onriver part is about $4.5K, so the total is near
$7-8K, not $10. But the fishing...omfg...20 pound taimen (lol, my
spellcheck keeps changing it to 'taxmen') slamming giant gurglers, 24
inch lennok taking dries, big greyling slamming streamers. The $4.5K
includes all in-country transport, rafts, food, tents, guide, etc. If
you're a canoeman, the price can come down considerably from there if
we do a canoe trip (it requires fewer guides, since the clients take
their own boats).

Unlike Kamchatka, this is more hospitable...the river is class 2, the
camps are spacious, and the scenery is pristine. Check out the
outfitters page:www.fishmongolia.com

I'm booked for July 1-10, then hopefully the following week for a
canoe trip. :-)))))))

Sounds like a great adventure. Tight lines.

Sounds like a hoot. Big penis!

g.