Old April 16th, 2008, 04:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
little canoe

Default Wanting A New Rod

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
You really like foam grips more?
I dont see rod weights posted much except by ST Croix and they have cork
handles
Here are rod weight for AVID series
6'-2.3oz, 6'6"-2.5oz, 7'-2.6oz
And the one I have been wanting the 8'-3.6oz
These are light very good quality with lifetime warranties.
Foam wise one suggestion Wally Marshall Might-Lite rods but Ive not
seen weight listing on them. I have a Wally Marshal Pro Series 9' that
is 5.7oz.

Reels well they make Tiny-Lite reels around 5oz (your Stradic is like
7.5oz) but far from as good quality.

I had a lot of cork rod handles, in years past but they are not quite as
comfortable and certainly harder to clean and keep clean I think. The
foam is a softer grip too.
Perhaps a Wally Marshall. I haven't seen that rod make. I thought about
a custom rod maker but they are scarce, around here.