Old April 6th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Bill Kiene

Default What's your favorite fly fishing book?

Playboy? .................only kidden'

'L.L. Bean Fly-Fishing Handbook' by Dave Whitlock - still the best!

There are some great video/DVDs too................................. "Debbie
Does Dunsmuir"...............

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

If you saw my post last week, looking for comments on beginner's fly

fishing
outfits, you know I'm about to take a class. I offered my 14 yr old son

the
opportunity to join me. He said he wants to learn, but not from a class.
"You taught me how to fish - how about you teach me to use a fly rod?"
Sometimes, arguing with a 14 yr old is like ****ing into the wind. He

will,
however, take a book to the bathroom for his daily "one hour on the

throne".
Anyone got a favorite book which explains tippets, knots, casting ideas,
etc?