Old May 15th, 2004, 10:22 PM
snakefiddler

Default trip report- fishin the new river

"snakefiddler" wrote in message
well boys and minnow goddess-
hadn't planned on it, but i fished the new river this mornin. got up
early to ride my bike on the greenway- a park in boone with a paved trail
that follows the new river, and while stopped to do some bird watching,

got
to talking to a guy that was fishin. before i knew it, i had a fishin

pole
in my hand and had caught what he called a horned headed hogsucker.

pretty
fish- i guess it was about 3 and a half inches long. wadn't fly fishin,
but it was a lot of fun.
also saw my first common yellowthroat. a very elusive bird. very
productive mornin.

snakefiddler

sorry to reply to my own post- but for those interested, let me correct
myself. the fish i caught this mornin was a horneyhead hogsucker or also
known as horneyhead chub. wanted to read up a little on it, so i surfed the
web. ya'll wouldn't believe the kind of **** that came up for that one!
well, yea ya would...............

snakefiddler-