Old January 29th, 2007, 11:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

Default 20 lb test on Ambassadeur Reel

On 29 Jan 2007 13:59:02 -0800, wrote:

Thanks. It is the 4600 C4, and I was just hoping that if i was going
to take a striper fishing trip that I would not need a new reell. I
actually just bought 2 c4's and 2 c3's because I found an amazing deal
at a local place.

35$ for c3 and 44$ for c4

On Jan 29, 3:53 pm, RichZ
Just got an Ambassadeur c4 reel. It says that it has a capacity of
10lb/170 yards. If I wanted to, could i put 12,14, or even 20lb test
on this reel or am I limited to 10lb test?

Thanks,You can put whatever you want on it. The spool capacity figure is just a

guideline so you have an idea how much line it will take. I'd bet there
are far more 'round' ambassadeurs with 14 to 20 pound test line on them
in the world than with 10 or 12.

That is a good price. You can put Power Pro on them and have even
more line capacity at higher test ratings too.

Dan

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!