Old March 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default TR and Waldo

On 2011-03-18 17:24:08 -0400, jeff said:

ditto dave... upper wilson creek (far above your location, and just
down from grandfather mountain) is among the most beautiful in nc, but
it requires a young man's stamina and joints. spent many a day on it
with wally back in the late 90s and early 2000s. good to hear you're
out and about. you need to do a rafting trip on the south holston or
french broad with scott. ...and, if wally gets his false albacore trip
set in the fall, that's a treat too.

jeff

Albies, albies, albies. That's all Walt talked about at dinner.
Sounds like some kind of bug has bit him. He's got a sweet looking
boat and has invited me down come October. I guess I'll have to get
yet another rod/reel. I've done salt only a couple of time and really
didn't enjoy it. Perhaps Walt can convince me of its charm.

I did enjoy Wilson's. No more one day trips, however. To far to drive
for just a few hours of fishing.

Walt talked excitedly about getting together another Almond Boat Dock
Clave (roff's first clave). He asked if I thought that so-and-so would
come, and if this guy would come, etc. He seemed pretty excited about
it, so he just may put something together for the fall.

Dave