Old February 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

Default cozumel fly fishing........

cool....thanx jack....

On Feb 24, 4:21*pm, Jack wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:09*am, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:

thanx for the info dave, i will check that out....

On Feb 23, 5:36*pm, DaveS wrote:

On Feb 21, 8:48*am, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:

Anyone fly fish in cozumel....? * *tips, contacts
appreciated....I may head down there for a week
or two in May and am wondering about the fishing....

best.......

Last time I was in Quintana Roo the guides out of Playa del Carmen
covered Cozumal also. However I believe the hot areas are now further
down the coast toward Tulum and beyond all the way to the Belize
border. If you are coming from Cancun, I think fishing out of Playa is
a better bet than taking the boat over to the Island. But someone must
have more current info than mine. Good luck.

Dave- Hide quoted text -

There is a lodge, Casa Blanca, south of Cancun on the southern point
of Ascension Bay. I have fished from this lodge four times in midlle
of this decade. The guides, accommodations and equipment is all first
class. I booked it through frontier's which is located near
Pittsburgh. Plane service from Cancun to Casa Blanca is from the
Cancun airport. Good chance of a slam; tarpon, permit and bonefish
here.

I have no connection with this lodge other than being a very satisfied
customer.

Jack in Brentwood, TN- Hide quoted text -