Old December 29th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Jeff Durham

You would be better off getting a new pair. And get something else besides
Interstate because those are junk batteries. I cannot say that I have had
bad luck with them, but everyone else I know has.

Jeff

"Jamie Jackson" wrote in message
I just got an upgrade to my lousy stock 12v trolling motor. The new 65
lb MK Maxxum is 24v, so I've got to install a new battery, too.

Here's the question. The trolling battery I've been using still seems
to be in great shape, as my onboard charger keeps it in in good
condition. It's a couple years old, but it is a current model.

Instead of going out and buying a pair of new batteries, I'd like to
get a match to the one I have (Interstate SRM-27). It would be a real
waste give up the perfectly good battery I have now.

Is this a good idea?

Thanks,
Jamie
Falls Church, VA