Old December 14th, 2009, 04:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Steve B

Default Anyone fishing?

"Todd" wrote in message ...
On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

A cotton ball soaked in distilled water stuck through a
number two hook. Doesn't matter if it is barbless. You
can use tap water if you aren't classy enough to have
distilled water around.

Toss on to the nearest ice flow and allow 2 minutes for the
cotton ball to freeze to the ice flow. Then set the hook ...

It is an awesome spectacle when they jump. :-)

-T

The sun came out today, and my boat thawed. Time to get working on it, and
do some fishing. If it clears up, I'll go this week. I can put up with
most anything, but when it's windy, I'd just as soon watch rasslin'.

Steve