Old January 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen

Default Montana in July

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
I'm beginning my "cabin fever" planning for this July's trip. In looking
at Yellowstone's fishing regulations for the lakes, I found this gem...

"Richard's Pond, ***Fawn Lake****, and Blacktail Pond: daily limit is five
brook trout under 13 inches."

The fish we saw and caught there were not keepers...G

Anyway...has anyone here fished Heart Lake and the streams feeding it?
There are reports of big cutts in the lake, but I was wondering about the
streams. It's a long hike - 8 miles - but looks like a worthy trip.

jeff

Good morning 'ol buddy Jeff!

Will ya keep me posted and fill me in on the detail of the costs? My buddy
John Smith and me were talkin' about houndin' you for a guided trip out
West. John is a great campin' companion--willin' and able to hike long
distances and camp to catch trout. I figure that I can put away this years
tax refund till July and have enougn money to make the trip.

Anyway, I hope this fine New Year's Day finds you, Rachel and Gia well and
as health as can be expected for old folk.

Love Ya, mean it!

Mark