Old October 21st, 2003, 02:07 AM
Henry Hefner

Default Best knot for Power Pro tied to a crank bait?

I've heard all the fuss about superlines and knots, but I almost always
tie a Palomar knot with Powerpro and haven't had any problems

Richard Liebert wrote:
What is the best knot for Power Pro when tied to a crank bait? I really like
the rapala knot, but I don't think it will hold with Power Pro.

I have experimented by slightly modifying a Uni Knot (my favorite
knot,especially for Power Pro). I first knot the line about 8" from the end.
Just a simple knot. Then I pull the line through the crank bait so the knot
goes through. Then I capture the knot under my thumb, make the loop, pass
the tag through 8 times, wet the mess, then tighten up the Uni knot really
tight before sliding it down to the bait. When I slide the Unit knot towards
the bait it stops at the simple knot I tied leaving a nice loop like a
rapala knot. Anyone ever try this? What do you do?