Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

Default Attention Evinrude E-Tec Owners!

I just found this out, the U.S. Coast Guard has issued a safety
bulletin/product recall on certain Evinrude E-Tec outboards.

According to the bulletin, the models affected a

2008-2010 40 - 65 hp

And

2008 - 2010 75 - 90 hp

Evidently the vapor separator may not vent fuel vapors properly due to
corrosion of the needle valve. This may result in a fuel leak leading to
fire and/or explosion!

If you own, or know anyone that owns any of the above Evinrude E-Tec
outboards, I would suggest that you contact your dealer IMMEDIATELY!

--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief