Old October 25th, 2007, 03:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Power Pro - Reformulated?

"Joe Haubenreich" wrote in
message . ..
My guess it that they came out with a new package that says "Rounder,
smoother, thinner."

Unless they add what they're comparing to, they can pretty much lay claim

those qualities. It's probably rounder, smoother, and thinner than some
other braids and maybe than some earlier versions of PowerPro, but they
don't say, do they?

See http://www.powerpro.com/advantage/index.asp. If this were something
really new, I would think they would trumpet it there, but they don't.

They
use plenty of "er" words (e.g., smoother, stronger) on that site and seem

be comparing themselves to earlier types of superlines.

Somewhere around here I've got an old (couple years atleast) bulk spool of
PP 50lb. Maybe I'll cut off a piece and take it in to compare to the string
in one of those new boxes.