Old September 13th, 2008, 12:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

Default Asian carp again. Wow.

On 2008-09-12, Derek wrote:

Carp really a trash fish? ain't the world an odd place here in europe a
great many ethnic groups believe them to be a delicacy so much so that
specimen carp waters ( yes I know we seem quaint ) in the UK have taken to
checking the tackle bags of eastern european anglers before they leave the
waters to prevent stocks ending up in the pan. I wonder is the asian strain
is different from a culinary point of view?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ains-carp.html
http://www.kosher.com/store/kosher-f...-4-steaks.html
Derek

as soon as it gets bad enough that poor people have no alternative, those
flying fish will be flying into the nearest skillet and/or processing plant
and we will discover just how tasty they can be fixed.

nb