Old August 18th, 2005, 04:32 PM
B J Conner

The do look kinda look like the instruments dentist use for root canals.
Maybe he should keep them in his first aid kit.
There must be some use for them, fly line to leader connections is not on of
the good ones.
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
m...
BENJAMIN KORSTVEDT wrote:
Going through some fly-fishing stuff in my closet I came across a pack

of
no-knot eyelets for attaching leader to fly line. Does anyone have

comments
on the usefulness of these devices? Are they a clear advantage over a
regular knot? What I worry about is that they could pull out under the
pressure of a good fish.

Worst gadget ever invented for attaching leader to line.
The barbs destroy the fly line from the inside out, they're
a bitch to install and after all that the eyelet is too
small to accomodate the butt end of a proper leader.

The best way to attach leader to line is a well-tied nail
knot but if you gotta have a gadget Eagle Claw makes a
plastic doodad that some people like.

--
Ken Fortenberry