Old December 20th, 2006, 02:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default More, People Eating Tasty Animals

"jeff" wrote in message
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

"jeff" wrote in message

catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent
of Africa.

ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? g Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

***Actually, the one time I did have cape buffalo, I thought it tasted quite
a bit like free-range beef. It was pretty darned good stuff.

Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to Australia.

There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at
a time.

"Most notable are the kneecaps, prepared as a stew or goulash in a
traditional cast iron pot over a slow fire for a number of days. The wait
is worth it! Buffalo steak and kidney pie is another favorite. Many also
consider the tongue to be excellent."

***What? You've never eaten beef tongue? When I was a kid, my mother used
to boil beef tongue until tender, then skin off the outer membrane, leaving
the tender inner meat. Then she's slice it thin and put it on bread with
spicy brown mustard. Yum!

g thanks for the instruction. i had no idea there was a difference.
always thought it was like the mahi-mahi, dolphin thing...never paid much
attention to the distinction. interesting...

***I love to hunt as much as I love to fish, and Africa has always been a
dream of mine, so I'm fairly well studied on big game. After having been on
safari in South Africa last year, it's my goal to return, hunt cape buffalo
and other large critters. Then, I'd like to big game hunt on all the
continents.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com