Old March 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Default California sturgeon fishing will never be the same.

Hi,

I thought I would add a comment about the
sturgeon fishing in California. I had only caught
two sturgeon when I live in San Francisco Bay
Area. One was legal limit and the other was
propery released.
True poachers take their toll on the sturgeon
population in the West coast states. But they
also take anything else,such salmon,stripers and halibut that can be
caught in the bay.
Calling each other names is not going to
solve the decrease of sturgeon population,but
reporting illegal poaching will. Also keeping the waterways clean for
all fish species.
Yes,I can be for the environment,but if we
do not keep it clean. All fish can be extinct from the SF bay. As
well as other marine life.
Your fishing license fee help keep the bay clean
and sturgeon population up through research and size limits.