Old March 20th, 2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,alt.fishing

Default my ideas

greg wrote:

Supporting:
"That *would* be a fun catch on 6lb line. Most spots i go to the carp are
70-100cm+. Killing them is a civic duty.
Yes, if it was spent on rotenone to kill them."

Is cruel brutal and simply stupid. Will you take your children to a lake and
teach them "to cut their stinking heads off then let them go."?

Yes. I'd also teach them *why*, i.e. they are a pest. While i'm at it
I'd teach them correct handling and release techniques for natives.

There is a big chance carp is more native in the USA then most of you guys.

As I'm not in the US I will never 'become' a US native. Any exotic
species can *never* become native. It can become dominant or established.

And is here to stay. Killing animals just to show off is sensless and it is
against animal crualty law.

No it isn't. 1 quick smack thru the spine with a tomahawk is quick,
clean and efficient. And it's not a matter of showing off.

I cant believe no one said anything against "to
cut their stinking heads off then let them go." How many years must pass
until carp will become "native" according to you?

They will never be native. They are also a pest. Also feral cats, dogs,
horses, foxes, goats, camels, pigs, rabbits, cane toads, mynahs and
starlings belong on that list.

Do you also support killing other species as well which may be a threat to
bass? I heard people killing gar, pike, muskie...

As already stated, I don't target bass. I target carp/trout exclusively
during native closed season as even a properly handled CnR native will
reabsorp it's eggs if caught during breeding season. Also carp hoover up
the natives eggs, so the less carp in a particular waterway, the better.

I hope I will at least make you thinking.

Carp do not belong in our waters. They do no good whatsoever, and should
be eradicated. Full eradication is unfortunately next to impossible.
This is why it is a crime here to return a carp to the water once caught.
E.