Old September 18th, 2008, 04:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default cologulHow to destroy a usenet group

wrote:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.o...ly.tying/about

Proud of your efforts Kenny boy? ...

I'm a tyer of very modest ability. I don't create, innovate or
experiment much at the vise, when I tie I follow a recipe and
hope the results turn out to be fishable. So I don't post much
to the tying group because I have little to say, unlike some
self-proclaimed experts who hang out in train stations, perform
fellatio on apes and post know-it-all pontificating whether they
know anything or not. LOL !!

There is an unwritten but almost universally accepted convention
that the newsgroup rofft is an on-topic haven of sorts for tyers
who don't like the rough and tumble of roff. In other words, on
rofft it would be unseemly to "poke the loony" whereas here on roff
it's wonderful sport. Naturally, there has always been less traffic
on rofft. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry