Old December 29th, 2007, 09:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Kiene

Default Best reel under $100? Best reel under $50?

Orvis original "Battenkill" is $85 usd

Ross has the "Flystart" that is $45 usd

Actually there are so many reels now it is hard to choose.

PS: I have a friend who got testicular cancer from using an Okuma fly reel.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

wrote in message

I've had an Orvis CFO III for some time now, and while it's a nice
reel, I just can't afford to buy the requisite number of $115 spools
to match the different fly lines I use. And, at the same time, I have
to say my old $40 Okuma Sierra never did me any harm. With that in
mind, what's your vote for:

Best reel under $100?

Best reel under $50?