Old June 14th, 2004, 11:40 PM
daytripper

Default TR: return to smallie river

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:57:06 -0500, Flyfish wrote:

Ran it again yesterday. Bright sunny day. A bit windy. Water slighly
higher than last time.

Nothing in the first 1-1.5 miles. Then we got into the fish. Fishing was
not as good as the day I took 'tripper, but still good. Fished all the
way back to the bridge this time. Biggest smallie was about 19", biggest
chub (for you 'tripper) was about 15". Only lost 4 flies, but did manage
to loose my hemostats someplace along the way. Got a slight sunburn on
the ears and face. The downstream wind sped us up, ran the river in just
over 6 hours. My partner was disgusted with me, I outfished him a good 5
to 1. Don't know why, he was using flies I tied :-)

Best moment of the day was me finding an entirely new way to get all
feckd up in the pontoon boat, with the line somehow managing to get
itself tangled in the lower rear attachement strap buckle, necessitating
a stop and lift of the loaded pontoon boat to unsnarl. Second best moment
of the day was during the lunch stop, Mikie kept almost falling down,
getting thrown off balance by his boots getting stuck in the bank mud.
Flyfish laughs at him walks back to his pontoon, grabs vest, dons vest,
starts to move to get back in, boots stuck does a full reverse Reid on
the bank thankfully. It worked, my boot was no longer stuck!

Flyfish

Great imagery, Dave - and nice chub ;-) but I fear such narratives may be
enough to dissuade Big Ed from joining you on a float =8-O

/daytripper (In which case I'll take his slot! :-)