Old July 1st, 2004, 04:24 AM
Asadi

Default leader pile up

A lot of times, when you think you have a 'bite' (more commonly referred to
as a strike) what you have is a refusal.

A smile, a nod of the head, and at the last minute - all you see is the tail
swooshing back and forth as she sashays away.....

....not to be confused with a strike...

john
(or even a spare)
"snakefiddler" wrote in message
o.k., so i can cast my line out in a nice straight line fairly

consistently,
avoiding "pile up", but my leader is piling up. i just put new leader on
day before yesterday, and it is pretty curly. is it because of that, or

is
it related to my casting- or maybe something else? any ideas?

fished with my new blue winged olive today- a very cool fly- it got *lots*
of bites, but i didn't hook anything. i'm sure it was because i tried to
compress the barb, in an effort to make it easier to remove the hook. my
disappointment at losing so many fish is at odds with my effort to be as
humane as possible, and my desire to protect myself from injury, while
indulging in this endeavor :-(
but damn that fly got a lot of "hits"

snakefiddler