Old July 5th, 2004, 01:51 AM
RichZ

Default New England Bass Fishing ??

I've been fishing Champlain a lot. Last weekend was the best yet. We had a
good day on Sat doing a variety of things way down south, then on Sun, we
smoked 'em fishing green pumpkin creature baits in the scattered cabbage in
9 to 12 feet of water.

This weekend hasn't been bad here at home. Yesterday morning I did Hatch
pond and got 20 fish -- most under 2 pounds, but one was about 3.5.
Basically just bank fishing on a steep (for hatch) rocky shorline with a
lot of fallen trees. Creature baits and wacky riged spankies.

Today I went to mudge. Caught fish doing everything -- fishing the pads,
soft jerkbaiting the flats and outside weed edge, hard jerkbait on the
outside weed edge, and drop sotting in deep water. Stopped counting at 35
fish, but that was at 2, and I didn't leave till 6PM, and it didn't slow
down. Most fish were under 2, but I had 4 in the 3.5 to 4 pound range and
one 7 pounder. All the good fish came on the drop shot except one 3-1/2
pounder on a jerkbait. I'll post a link to the picture of the big fish
tomorrow. Need to go to be now. Got up at 3:45 the last two mornings.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing