Old April 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM
Tim J.

Default The world reduced to its essentials

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote...
A very nice, enjoyable little read in today's Times,

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/21/opinion/21WED4.html

Very nice indeed. My favorite passage is "At some point, most anglers begin to
wonder why they fish. Over the years the reasons pile up into a beaver dam of
arguments, tangled this way and that, some more reasonable than others. I've
come to a point in my fishing life where I simply like walking down the
drainage - seeing where the streambed goes, where the tributaries enter, where
the view rises from. Standing in the low spots is a good way to see the world.
Nearly everything comes down to the water sooner or later."

Thanks, Ken.
--
TL,
Tim