Old September 27th, 2009, 02:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default New Toy

On Sep 26, 6:47*pm, jeff wrote:
Frank Reid wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html
Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.
Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?
I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.
I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. *I've also made my own
furled leaders. *Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid
You'll also need a silly hat.

Man, there are too many rules in this sport! *So, will this one work?
http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor.../hat_sibiu.htm
Frank Reid
(who actually has one)

yeow...if there is any question about evolution, that photo ought to be
exhibit 1...

The question would be which side is using the photo to bolster its own
arguments or shatter the other side's.

nice hat though...

Um.....yeah, I was just going to say that.

giles.