Old September 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey

Default New Toy

In message
,
Frank Reid writes
On Sep 26, 2:58*pm, Bill Grey wrote:
In message
,
Frank Reid writes

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. *I've also made my own
furled leaders. *Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

You'll also need a silly hat.

Man, there are too many rules in this sport! *So, will this one work?
http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor.../hat_sibiu.htm
Frank Reid
(who actually has one)

Where will you clip your magnifiers?

There is a very small brim (its about 1 inch). Got the hat when we
had a folk dance program whilst in Hungarian class. Traded an extra
Hungarian fez for it.
Frank Reid

Don't the Hungarians (Magyar folk wear Shackos )sp?)
--
Bill Grey