Fishing from a kayak

Old April 7th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Tim

Default Fishing from a kayak

Can anyone point me to a site that talks about how to fly fish from a kayak?
I kow a few people do this, but I've found little information.

Thanks,

Old April 7th, 2004, 04:40 AM
daytripper

http://www.sospenders.com/
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Bill Mason

"Tim" wrote in message
Can anyone point me to a site that talks about how to fly fish from a

kayak?
I kow a few people do this, but I've found little information.

You might be able to pick up some information at www.yakfishing.com , a
mainly SoCal, mostly sal****er board.

Cheers,
Bill

Old April 7th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Mike

Hell i can't even sit upright in a yak let alone fish from one.....

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Old April 7th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Asadi

-smart assed reply snipped-

http://www.waywardflyfishing.com/articleKayak.htm

john

Old April 7th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Charlie Choc

http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/kayak/
http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/Articles/FishDive/
--
Charlie...
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Toney

Try http://www.waywardflyfishing.com/articles.htm Lots of good advice on
kayak flyfishing and other stuff off the beaten path.

wrote:

Can anyone point me to a site that talks about how to fly fish from a

kayak?
I kow a few people do this, but I've found little information.

Thanks,

The following is one of the best ones, tho
since it is run by a retail operation some of
it is a bit heavy on selling:

http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/default.asp

This one provides a list of kayak sites:

http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/linkspage.htm

Old April 8th, 2004, 05:50 AM

Ping pong paddles or larger game paddles are excellent to have
somewhere in the 'yak in case you do something accidental and / or
dumb (with me it's usually dumb) with your main paddle and have to go
catch it. You can paddle with just your hands, but it gets old very
fast and I'm lucky the current wasn't fast last time I did a stupid
(Set my paddle on the bank while I lit up a cigarette. Paddle didn't
float away, which was the point, but the 'yak and I did, which was not
intended.).
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Bill Kiene