"Mainely" in California

Old March 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default "Mainely" in California

I've lived in California's central valley close to thirty years. We are
right where the Sierra foothills start and on clear Winter days we can
always see the snow on the Yosemite area mountains from our house ( you can
see the top of Half Dome from here, they say, but I'm not convinced about
which top is which ). But, right now I can see snow down lower than I
ever remember seeing it ... not right at the house but certainly only a few
hundred feet higher.

Brrrr !

Old March 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Larry L" wrote in message
I've lived in California's central valley close to thirty years. We are
right where the Sierra foothills start and on clear Winter days we can
always see the snow on the Yosemite area mountains from our house ( you

can
see the top of Half Dome from here, they say, but I'm not convinced about
which top is which ). But, right now I can see snow down lower than I
ever remember seeing it ... not right at the house but certainly only a

few
hundred feet higher.

Brrrr !

Same here in rural San Diego County, Larry. My wife works at the state park
on Palomar Mountain, about 10 miles as the crow flies, which mountain also
serves as my view from my chair in front of this here computer. Friends on
the mountain say they have 14"-18" of snow from yesterday and last night and
its still coming down. We don't have snow here at the house, but got lots
(LOTS) of hail and rain last night. The snow level is down to about 2000',
we're at 1800'. Right now the rain/hail has started again, accompanied by
donder und blitzen. Rare weather for this area, but we are really enjoying
it: big fire in the fireplace, Cindy has got a big pot of chili on the
stove, music on the stereo, and I'm tying flies, in between reading ROFF.

Danl, the contented......