Penns Creek

Old March 1st, 2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Penns Creek

Benjamin Turek wrote:

I am relatively new to this group, but I see Penns mentioned alot. Whats
the deal guys? Is it really that good? Have I just never noticed because I
fish there and Spruce Creek every week? Just wondering.

Having read through the thread thus far I'll throw in my two cents
worth.

I think you are "suffering" from an embarassment of riches and see
Penn's as just another toy in your back yard. Some of us don't have
that luxury and getting a week off to visit a stream like Penn's would
be a week of heaven. Other's have closer access to streams with their
own strengths but if you're an appalachian trout fisherman you don't
fish hatches and you don't fish spring creeks so a Penns' become
special.

We have others who live near it like you do but still consider it
special, in much the same way four people can love a sport like
baseball but root separately for the Red Sox, Cubs, Cardnials and
Phils. While you may consider Penn's *not as good as your other
streams*, to those ROFF regulars who live here, it's their favorite
team so to speak.

Add to it the annual gathering I have yet to make and Penn's becomes
the gold standard to some.

And I think my good librarian friend mis read you too, I didn't read
where you said you fished private waters only, I read where you said
you had to get permission. Those coming in for a week once a year
aren't going to know where to get that access.

Hope this helps

Wayne

Old March 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

William Claspy wrote:

(and c'mon, you could at least have given me kudos on the "caress" thing.
I'm kinda proud of that one! :-)

I believe you said fondle which to my way of thinking is a little more
crass than a caress

Old March 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

William Claspy wrote:

Frank, always more of a hands-on kind
of guy, fondles Penns. :-)

I have no desire to learn what Frank fondles as long as he does it in
private.

You still headed north this weekend?

I'm 50-50 right now I want to go but if no one else is going to show I
might just jaunt over the Mad for a few hours to get my fix rather than
drive the 6-7 hours and turn around. Or I may decide tomorrow night and
toss the stuff in the car and split out of work early and grab a hotel
room in Madison.

But if you want to drive as far as Chicago............

Old March 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I would gladly tell people how to get in contact with people to fish these
places. I was just commenting that you typically need to say things nicely
to get the access. That whole public access debate finally has a court
date. I am anxious to see how it goes.

Old March 1st, 2006, 11:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wayne Knight wrote:
William Claspy wrote:

Frank, always more of a hands-on kind
of guy, fondles Penns. :-)

I have no desire to learn what Frank fondles as long as he does it in
private.

You still headed north this weekend?

I'm 50-50 right now I want to go but if no one else is going to show I
might just jaunt over the Mad for a few hours to get my fix rather than
drive the 6-7 hours and turn around. Or I may decide tomorrow night and
toss the stuff in the car and split out of work early and grab a hotel
room in Madison.

But if you want to drive as far as Chicago............

I'll be in the Chicagoland area for about 5 days starting Thursday
evening......

Willi
Old March 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Willi wrote:

I'll be in the Chicagoland area for about 5 days starting Thursday
evening......

Is that a hint you want to fish the early Wisconsin opener on Sat?

Old March 1st, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

William Claspy wrote:

Throw me a bone fer chrisesakes!

not after you used fondle earlier

What some guys will do to fish!)