Sierra Club Peaceful Election

Old March 13th, 2006, 06:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Sierra Club Peaceful Election

We got our Sierra Club Board of Directors ballots in
the mail today. For the first time in years there is
no hostile takeover attempt by those who would use the
Sierra Club to advance an anti-immigration agenda. All
seven candidates for the five available positions have
been nominated by the nominating committee, there's not
a controversial nominee in the bunch.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Elitist.

Old March 13th, 2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I feel cheated. I became a member last year, but I joined too late to
be eligible to vote in that election. Now there's no controvery this
year. Well, at least I got a swell little day pack. g

Joe F.

Old March 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"EllArr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Elitist.

****ant

Old March 13th, 2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"EllArr" wrote in message

Elitist.

David Snedeker Replied:
****ant

You remember me too, Dave? I'm touched.

Old March 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
We got our Sierra Club Board of Directors ballots in
the mail today. For the first time in years there is
no hostile takeover attempt by those who would use the
Sierra Club to advance an anti-immigration agenda. All
seven candidates for the five available positions have
been nominated by the nominating committee, there's not
a controversial nominee in the bunch.

--
Ken Fortenberry

I'm not a club member, maybe you should send me information....
Rather than be anti immigration (which I AM by the way) I would focus on the
trash at the border crossings and the inherent lack of respect for the
outdoors from other cultures...trash pick up is decidedly North American.
Too many organizations focus on their own little pet peeves - immigration,
abortion, smoking, religious agendas and the like, not realizing that the
Iroquois League of Nations was conquer by the old divide and
conquer...thingy.

john