Boat Shows

Old January 15th, 2004, 06:35 AM
ales

Default Boat Shows

Hi Everybody.
Looking for a website that will list the upcoming Boat Shows. I am
interested in buying a Bass fishing boat. I heard you can get the best
deals at a show. I have found a few sites but thought someone might know of
one I may have missed.

I'm also curious as to what your thoughts are on purchasing a boat. What
make and models would you consider looking into and which ones would you
stay away from? What would you look for in a boat? This will be my first
bass boat. So I am looking for a good beginner boat.
Any suggestions will be a big help.

Thank you for your time.
Shawn

Old January 15th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Calif Bill

For a first bass boat, I would look at used. Talk to your local guys. If
you are in a place with cold temps, a dual console would be nice for those
runs across the lake. Look at what the locals run size wise. Big waters,
big boats. With the economy as it has been, should be lots of late models
for decent prices. Only problem, is guys are trying to sell boats for what
they owe and with low down payment, their loan is more than the boats worth.
Check www.boattraderonline.com

Bill

.. .

Old January 15th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Chris S

If you're in Chicago there's a Boat & Fishing Show this weekend at the
Rosemount.
Good Luck

Chris

.. .

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Are you new to boating? If so I would look at a good used one and ride that
for a couple of years till you get all the "kinks" of boating worked out.
IE. Boating Safety Class, backing the trailer, launching, docking. Hate to
see a new boat dinged up right away or swamped by forgetting to put the plug
in.

.. .

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Bob La Londe

Don't know where you are, but there is a Boat Show in Phoenix thru this
sunday.

Bill had good basic advice by the way.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

.. .

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Da Chief

Are you located anywhere near Atlanta, Ga? In the very near future I plan on
selling what was my first boat. If you are anywhere close or the least bit
interested, email me privately and we'll talk.
--
Shelby Foles,

Old January 21st, 2004, 01:07 AM
Josh

Ales, I agree with several of the other guys. A new boat is tempting
especially if the funds are available for it. I bought new and small at
first and worked myself up from a oversized jon boat to a nice Champion that
I now own. There are lots of great boats, but I'm sure glad I cut my fishing
teeth on smaller ones. I don't know about now, but the basstracker/Nitro
series is a nice starter series when I was starting to move up. For my money
though now Ranger, Tritons & Skeeter sure make a good rig. Lots out there
tho.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old January 21st, 2004, 01:13 AM
luv2bafield

"Josh" wrote in message
Ales, I agree with several of the other guys. A new boat is tempting
especially if the funds are available for it. I bought new and small at
first and worked myself up from a oversized jon boat to a nice Champion

that
I now own.

SNIP

Phew! Then there's hope for me. I recently bought a 9' Pond Prowler. I
refer to it as my 36' fishing boat--that's square feet. Even then, that
might be a stretch. I don't think it is quite 4' wide. Maybe in 5 years
I'll be up to the jon boat. How long from there to the Champion?

Old January 21st, 2004, 03:02 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"luv2bafield" wrote in message SNIP

Phew! Then there's hope for me. I recently bought a 9' Pond Prowler. I
refer to it as my 36' fishing boat--that's square feet. Even then, that
might be a stretch. I don't think it is quite 4' wide. Maybe in 5 years
I'll be up to the jon boat. How long from there to the Champion?

When my wife first met me, back in 1994, I had a 14' rowboat with a 1963
Johnson outboard (believe it or not, I guided out of that boat!), with
home-made platforms and a cooler for a livewell. Top speed, 14 mph.

I upgraded to a 16' aluminum boat, still with home-made decks and a cooler
livewell, but this one had console steering and a 40 hp Mariner.

I sold that, bought a 17' Tuffy Bassin' Marauder with a 75 hp Force
outboard, now with factory decks and a real livewell.

I sold that boat, bought a 19' ProCraft SuperPro 190 with a 175 hp Merc EFI
and two years ago traded that in on my current boat, a 21'6" Cobra Coosa
with a Merc 250XB high performance outboard. Top speed, 81.6 mph.

My wife is afraid of what I'm going to come home with next.....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 21st, 2004, 04:35 AM
Calif Bill

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

[...]

You mean you sell a boat? Actually I am selling one of mine, the 14'
aluminum. But still have my canoe from 1975 era, my kayak, 2000 era, 21'
big boat 1995, and float tube, got drunk at a charity dinner era. I do love
my yak and the float tube. And if it would get a little warmer and less
foggy, I would take out the 21' Jetcraft. But off to the Fred Hall show is
San Francisco tomorrow, and look at bigger boats. Would like a 27-28'
trailerable cruiser. Then road trip! British Columbia and Florida with
maybe a barge ride of the boat to St. Thomas. Dang, better buy more lotto
tickets.
Bill