Perfect plastic fishing boats...

Old August 10th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Default Perfect plastic fishing boats...

Jonathan Cook wrote:
Well, gents (and I use that term lightly), some here
have recently desired to make a new and improved plastic
fishing boat, but I say that I do believe I've found it.

Mostly he wanted to SPAM us with commercials for his
existing plastic boat. He lasted what, three days ?
That's about two days longer than most SPAMmers.

It is a decrepit, at-least-ten-years-old plastic
paddleboat(*), at least when slid off a muddy bank and
occupied by your brother and yourself for a lazy 2 hours
of afternoon fishing on a 1-acre pond and catching up
on a year's worth of happenings, two near-40 year olds
paddling around a pond like they were 10 and 12 again...

My brother accomodated my flailing flyline, and we
caught not a few small bass (up to 12") and nice
pan-sized bluegill, me mostly on foam contraptions,
but the prize of the day was a big, thick bluegill that
I could barely palm in one hand. Not the biggest of
my life (I won't soon top one that hit a mini-Rapala
in a golf-course pond a long time ago, unless I visit
Big Dale and he shows me his honey-spots), but the
biggest I've seen in probably two decades.

But of course the fishing wasn't the real point anyways...

Aside from flyfishing the small Ohio pond, we were nearly
skunked on Lake Erie but were able to enjoy (an understatement!)
a lunch of fresh walleye one day, and if anyone remembers
pics of fly-caught smallmouth from a secret spot along the
Erie shore that I posted years ago, it's no longer accessible
so that adventure is over...

Sounds like a pleasant enough homecoming, even if your
smallie spot is gone. Thanks for the report.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 10th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Tim J.

Jonathan Cook wrote:
But of course the fishing wasn't the real point anyways...

Still, it doesn't sound like that objective was missed. Glad you boys
had fun.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 10th, 2005, 01:46 PM
William Claspy

On 8/9/05 5:57 PM, in article , "Jonathan Cook"
wrote:

Aside from flyfishing the small Ohio pond, we were nearly
skunked on Lake Erie

Everything I've heard makes it sound like the lake fishing here has taken a
beating from the weather, just like most other kinds of fishing. Besides
farm pond bass and bluegill, of course :-)

but were able to enjoy (an understatement!)
a lunch of fresh walleye one day, and if anyone remembers
pics of fly-caught smallmouth from a secret spot along the
Erie shore that I posted years ago, it's no longer accessible
so that adventure is over...

Never did try to track it down! Oh well.

Bill

Old August 19th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Chris@PlasticBoats

Jonathan Cook wrote:
Well, gents (and I use that term lightly), some here
have recently desired to make a new and improved plastic
fishing boat, but I say that I do believe I've found it.

It is a decrepit, at-least-ten-years-old plastic
paddleboat(*), at least when slid off a muddy bank and
occupied by your brother and yourself for a lazy 2 hours
of afternoon fishing on a 1-acre pond and catching up
on a year's worth of happenings, two near-40 year olds
paddling around a pond like they were 10 and 12 again...

Why not? Sounds like good times. Who needs the latest and greatest when
you just want to relax, anyways?

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Mostly he wanted to SPAM us with commercials for his
existing plastic boat. He lasted what, three days ?
That's about two days longer than most SPAMmers.

Ooof.

Ken, I already apologized for that. Besides, I'm right here, only I'm
trying not to "rock the boat". Maybe one day I'll have something (that
you'll find useful) to contribute.

Cheers!

--
Chris Myers