ROFB non boaters

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Charles Summers

Default ROFB non boaters

My bearings have a rubber seal that you ahve to remove to get to the grease
fitting. As you pump it in, the old stuff is suppose to be pushed outward,
making a really nice mess on the rims. When all of the grey grease is out,
then I put the little rubber cap back on covering everything back up.

Last trip to Wisconsin, grease oozed out of the cap and was dotting the
inside of the rim. It wasn't much, but I probably put a little too much in
that time. I repacked before heading to Florida too, but didn't see anything
slung on the rims this time.

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote in message
Look at the bearing buddies. If they are all the way in then they are

empty and need grease badly. If they appear part way in
then add grease untill they top out THEN STOP. If they appear to be

nearly full then leave them alone as this means the owner has
been taking care of them and he knows where the full position is. If you

over fill the internal pressure will blow out the seal.
This happens mostly with the first time you tow after adding grease and it

expands with the normal heat build up. Most any marina
mechanics will walk you through this free of charge (one of the bennies of

a good local relationship). Doc

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:00 AM
RichG

Grease them every time you go out....and you take a good chance of blowing
the rear seals.

We had a local trailer manufacturer give a talk at our fishing club one
year. He said
"bearing buddies brings us a ton of business every year". He was referring
to people pumping them too full all of the time.

Like most things...
"everything in moderation"
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

Old May 14th, 2004, 02:49 AM
big fish 2003

Hey Craig, I have a 20ft. Javelin that could use a little wax.

Old May 14th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Craig Baugher

Bring it on by. We'll tear'em up on Lake Erie for a few hours and then have
a couple beers while I apply the Mothers formula for shine:
Phase 1: California Gold Pre-Wax Cleaner
Phase 2: California Gold Sealer and Glaze
Phase 3: California Gold Natural Formula Pure Carnauba Wax

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old May 15th, 2004, 12:59 AM
go-bassn

If you got in my boat you'd pay for all that stuff...

....and then some.

Warren

"Lure builder" wrote in message
What is the proper etiqutte for a non boater. Paying for a portion or all

of
the gas does not nearly cover the other expenses of a boater such as

maintence,
depreciation etc. I know these costs don't impact on a single trip but

they do
exist for a boater.
How much should you offer the boater for a half day of fishing?. When it

comes
to 200 HP rigs i'm definitely a non boater.

Old May 15th, 2004, 01:00 AM
go-bassn

I'd like to kick Bill's butt allthe way back to Brooklyn (in the tourney of
course).

Warren ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
It's about time Brooklyn Bill got to one of these things.

I agree! The man has generously donated several high dollar reels to be
used as prizes for ROFB events. I for one would like to shake his hand

and
tell him thank you, face to face.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 15th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Lure builder

If you got in my boat you'd pay for all that stuff...

...and then some.

Warren

You sound almost like a guide. You want costs covered and an element for
profit. I would really like to figure out the cost for a morning of fishing in
a bass boat as a non boater. Would two sawbucks suffice?