ROFLMAO - RI - What is the Problem...

Old October 13th, 2004, 10:24 PM
go-bassn

Default ROFLMAO - RI - What is the Problem...

Lol Bob, I'm locking my tackle lockers!

Warren

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"James Horner" wrote in message
Gibberish?
Was that a humorous attempt to poke fun at my repsonse to your original
reply? Maybe a little tongue in cheek poke at my own upset with a less

than
stellar response to my criticizm of RI.

If not, my news reader showed your original reply just fine, and here

was
my
reply. LOL

Hey Bob...
No, it must be my reader, I got all kinds of odd gibberish when I

attempted to
read your response. No poking. I actually never saw your response

because
the
gibberish started in the middle of my own post. No harm, no foul. I

commend
your professionalism and how you deal with your customers. I think that

there
are many companies out there that could learn a thing or two about how

run a
profitable business without sacrificing the customer's satisfaction as a

trade
off. You definitely have your act together.

There was no need for him to call you and ream you out, regardless of

anything
else that went on. And there was definitely no need to resort to

profanity. I
too am amused that they guy called around to see who else knew you. If

he
put
half as much effort into customer service, he'd probably be to busy to

answer
the phone or make a call like that in the first place. That's too much.

I'd
love to know his motivation for doing so...probably wondering if he's

going to
get that $500 bill for the SPAM. LOL....might want to think about

sending
him
an invoice. OK, OK, that's just going to add fuel to his fire, but at

this
point, it would be pretty humorous.
-Jim Jr.
http://www.teamhornerfishing.com

Jim,

You are too much. I lost it when I read this. Thats on par with my

wanting
to drop some of Rodney's products in Warren's tackle boxes when he isn't
looking. I really did laugh out loud when I read that.

Bob

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old October 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
RGarri7470

So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and if it
was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over site.

Not real surprised he had an attitude with you since you started out that way.
That explains a lot - people often respond to you the way you act toward them.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 14th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Bob La Londe

Actually I am sure my original message was much tamer, but because the only
way to contact them was through a web form I don't have a copy to re-read.
My own peave after getting called at my office and reamed out profanely by
whoever it was that called has certainly flavored any comments I have had on
the company since.

I had not realized that it was simply because somebody at RI has an attitude
about collecting sales taxes to support the state where they live. By the
way. I have to fill out a sales taxe report every month just like any other
business in Arizona. It takes me about 5 minutes. I'm not even sure if
legally he can get out of filing sales tax reports anyway. Anything he
purchases from out of state and does not go directly into the product being
manufacturerd for resale he has to report on his tax form and pay use tax
on. Molds, office supplies. supplies to make molds, heaters, pouring
pots.. unless he bought them all in Arizona and paid sales tax on them he
has to report them on his tax form and pay use tax.

Basically they have a burr up their ... well, and they decided to take it
out on me because I asked why.

Old October 14th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Rodney

RGarri7470 wrote:

Not real surprised he had an attitude with you since you started out that way.
That explains a lot - people often respond to you the way you act toward them.

H'mmmmmm

That might explain a lot on this group

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:37 AM
go-bassn

Default P.S. ROFLMAO - RI - What is the Problem...

....as I suspected.

WW

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

wrote in message
Reaction Innovations is owned by a pro basser originally from northern
CA that until a few years ago fished the local circuits only. He has
gone on to bigger tournaments nation wide and has done well. I have met
and talked to him over the years and he is not the person, Aaron, that
you talked to Bob. This guy must just be on the payroll, and true it is
a small company just trying to get off the ground. As for why he came on
so strong to you Bob, I have no answer.

sket

Old October 14th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Gale Ann

Agreed.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Gale Ann" wrote in message
Yes he can add you to a spam list.YOU won't have any control over that,

no
matter what you type at the end of the forms.
Just some friendly facts.

Yeah, I know that. The spam notice still dissuades soem.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Ok, this is funny. I talked with a friend of mine this morning who is

in
the fishing industry in this area. Aaron with RI called him and asked

if
he
new me. My friend asked me what I said in my "e-mail" to him that got

him
so ticked off.

So I told him I asked why he was discriminating against Arizona, and

if
it
was a mistake from an incompetant web developer or if it was an over

site.

Now, I have to add... It was not actually an e-mail. The only way I

found
contact RI was through a reply form on their website which forces you

register as a member of their site first, and then fill in all kinds

of
information including phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to

simply
ask a question. I could not even find a phone number on their site

until
after going through all of that.

One thing I do and many others do as well is add a NO SPAM statement

at
the
end of the comment section for any form that forces you to give out

all
that
information.

Mine goes soemthing like this:

The e-mail, telephone, and other information given is for the sole and
express purpose of doing business at MY CONVENIENCE. There will be a

$500
charge for dealing with unsolicited phone calls or e-mails.

My friend told me, that was the part that ticked him off and got him
swearing at me when he called me. ROFL.

I guess Aaron doesn't have to set up filters to delete and sort a

couple
hundred spam per day like I do. Either that or he was ticked off that

he
couldn't add my e-mail address to his spam list. LOL.