I guess it could be worse than winter

Old December 18th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Josh

Default I guess it could be worse than winter

bet it's pretty there in the summer time though huh JB?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 18th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Calif Bill

Also in a hot, semi-dry clime. Spent a lot of my youth, while visiting
Grandparents in Turlock, Calif in the Central Valley, standing in front of
the cooler. There and in the irrigation ditches. Kid growing up 10 blocks
from San Francisco bay is not made for hot weather.
Bill

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Spoonplugger" wrote in message
ok maybe this would be a dumb canuck question but what is a swamp

cooler?

In a dry warm climate (desert) you soak a bunch of pads with water and

blow
air through them. The evaporation causes cooling. Doesn't work when the
humidity get over 60% or so.

Probably much older than aitconditioning, and a lot cheaper to operate.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yuma is out until I get the new truck. Then the camper will open up

more
areas. Wife is thinking of retiring aroungd July when SocSec kicks

in.
Bill

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"J Buck" wrote in message
nope, there's nothing worse than winter.
40+ inches the last 2 Sundays, 20" each day. And it's not even
officially winter yet.

Gee, and I was just thinking of covering the swamp cooler since

I'm
starting
to get a cool draft through it.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
Simply add it to our index page.
No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

LOL Those people back in the land of humidity and snow do not know

what
swamp cooler is. I see Southwest has $99 each way fare to

Orlando.
Maybe
the western contingent of ROFB needs a road trip.
Bill

Well, since I can't get you to Yuma to go fishing with me I suppose

we
could
meet up in Fla and challenge Moe.

Old December 18th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Calif Bill

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message news
I was going to ask, but now I don't know if I should...

Evaporative cooling. Won't work when the humidity is 90%+++
Bill

ink.net...

Old December 18th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Calif Bill

"J Buck" wrote in message
Sorry! Didn't see the ME thing!
Feel sorry for ya though! I'm in Ontario Canada close to Toronto and we
barely have a sprinkle of snow on the ground yet!

No problem...I'm sure you'll get your share eventually

Was skiing to day. There is at least 3' of pack. Beautiful day on the
slopes at Squaw Valley. Left home 40 miles from San Francisco at 7 AM
skiing at 10:30 am and back home at 7:30 pm. Snow in Calif is good. Stays
mostly in the mountains where it is useful. Both for skiing and snowpack
for water storage. Non of that snow that you have to shovel where people
really live.

Old December 18th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Charles B. Summers

I still caught as many fish as you did though...

"Josh" wrote in message
OMG .... isn't that Charles at the mid tenn classic?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 18th, 2003, 07:53 PM
J Buck

bet it's pretty there in the summer time though huh JB?

Yep! As horrid as it is now, that's how gorgeous the summers are.
Unfortunately
winter is twice as long as summer

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:44 PM
Rich Conley

Walpole Ma, 34" one weekend, 10 the next.