BPS baitcasters

Old December 25th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Doug Morris

Default BPS baitcasters

Old December 25th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Eric Ryder

I've got two of the BPS RCX-1000H signature reels (current model {same as
Phleugar?} - I thought they were the old model RC-1{current Pinnacle}).
Nice ergo, drags, no mechanical problems in 2 seasons. The 1000H is fair
sized, but I have no trouble palming with my ham hands.

Unless you can get heavier sizes of weights for the centrifugal brake than
the single size that is included, you may be building some nice nests with
1/2 oz baits. (Anyone that owns one of these and a Shimano
reel ---pleasse!, will Shimanos brake buttons fit the BPS RC??)

FWIW, I use these reels on 7' fast action, medium heavy power rods for
Carolina with 50# Powerpro and Buzzbaits12-20# Sten Magnathin.

"Doug Morris" wrote in message
I am going to replace some of my older baitcasters next month. I was
wondering if any of ya'll have tried any of the BPS baitcast reels? If
so, what was the result?
Like & Dislikes ? Any info is appreciated.

JH33

GO DAWGS !!!/HTML

Old December 25th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Larry A

I love the Rick Clunn models. Have em on all poles......LA
Old December 26th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Charles B. Summers

The first BPS Extreme I had was great! It was what I actually learned to
cast a baitcaster with. It lasted a couple of years, then it stripped out.
BPS did replace it even though it was 2 years old, but the current model
Extremes was completely different than what I had.

The replacement reel lasted about 3 months, and the replacements replacement
lasted less than that. Finally, I broke down and bought a Curado and haven't
looked back.

I still have two of the Pro Qualifiers that have done well since I learned
to replace nylon gears. They're pretty strong as long as you make sure that
you press the release button all the way down before your cast. This is
probably true with any reel, but I haven't had this problem with the Curado.

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 26th, 2003, 12:56 PM
AJH

I bought a BPS reel maybe 10 years ago, it looked like a Quantum US 300,
made about 10 casts and it sounded like a broken farm implement, I sent
it back..Get a Curado...for bass fishing or Abu for catfishing..

I fish therefore I lie

Old December 26th, 2003, 03:07 PM
George

RCX-1000H

I believe this is the Rick Clunn model also. I have used them and have no
problems. This is a great reel for under $100..... I even think they are on
sale for $69 now....... The combo comes with a decent graphite rod.

George
Bucks County, PA
a href="http://www.911bassanglers.com911 Bass Anglers/a
a href="http://www.outdoorfrontiers.comOutdoor Frontiers/a
a href="http://www.nmnp.comNew Media For Non Profits/a
Old December 27th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Eric H

I've had a couple of BPS baitcasters that started out pretty well but soon
went downhill. Now I'm using Shimanos and Abus with much better results.