OT Did Al send a bear to my house?

Old October 16th, 2004, 10:21 PM
alwaysfishking

Default OT Did Al send a bear to my house?

No guns in my house, not because I'm against them... but because of mine and
my wife's short temper..those things will take an eye out.......

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:45:14 -0400, "Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)"
sent into the ether:

Lets see. what size rod? What pound test line (mono or super braid)? A
nice top water or a SW spinner? Maybe a senko.
HHMMMM . . . Doc

You would need a good braid. At least 9' for the heavy duty rod.
Don't forget the leader.

Of course it would be less problem shooting it and feeding it to the
family :}
================================================ ==================

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
Weird experience last night, woke up to my wife screaming and my dogs
barking, seems the front gate on my deck was ripped off by a huge black
bear
and he was wondering my deck trying to get a bag of trash that we left
outside. Now it's not uncommon to run across a bear walking the road or in
the woods or even down by the lake, but to have one come up to your second
floor deck is a whole new experience. I saw him rumbling around the
trash,
so I opened the window and shouted, he looked like he stepped back down.
So
I waited a bit, then opened the door. Guess who was there.... about two
feet
from me ...still nosing the bag.. This was one of the bigger bears I have
seen up here and easily went 4-5 hundred pounds, which is huge for black
bears up here. He grabbed the bag in his mouth and walked away down the
stairs into the woods.. Scary big bear indeed.. Where's Huber when you
need
him :-)

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 17th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:21:56 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
sent into the ether:

LMAO Your supposed to shoot them not poke with em. Be sure to get
the kind without the bayonet holders. LMAO

No guns in my house, not because I'm against them... but because of mine and
my wife's short temper..those things will take an eye out.......

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
.. .

=============================================== ===================

Old October 17th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

[...]

So find out if I need to apply for a permit or if a license can be purchased
over the counter. I'd be more than happy to "remove" your problems.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 17th, 2004, 02:22 AM
alwaysfishking

I do own a nice compound bow.. Might have to pick up some broadheads. :-)..
Two more bears this evening wandered by but didn't stay.. Just passing
through I guess

wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:21:56 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
sent into the ether:

LMAO Your supposed to shoot them not poke with em. Be sure to get
the kind without the bayonet holders. LMAO

No guns in my house, not because I'm against them... but because of mine
and
my wife's short temper..those things will take an eye out.......

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
. ..