New Reel

Old January 24th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Charles Summers

Default New Reel

Since I had a rod that was without a reel, I decided to order one of the
Pflueger Summits. (About $60)

So far I'm impressed with the reel, and it fits nicely on the rod. Spooled
it up with some 12# stren and took a few casts from the front porch with it.
What's pretty cool about this reel is something that Jerry showed me about a
year ago. You can spin the handle, click the thumb bar and the spool seems
to spin for a very long time. Compared to my Curados, anyway.

One thing that bothers me thought, is that it's appears to be identical to
the BPS Extreme reels like I had a few years ago, other than the wiffle
spool. I went through about three of these in about three months and finally
bought the Curado. I do know now that the Extreme reels, and I'm sure that
this one does too, has the nylon gears that will strip. I learned how to
change these the hard way too...but I'm an old pro at that now. It's just
not something I want to have to do on the lake.

So does anyone here have one of these reels? If so, any problems?

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old January 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message

Since I had a rod that was without a reel, I decided to order one of the
Pflueger Summits. (About $60)

SNIP

One thing that bothers me thought, is that it's appears to be identical to
the BPS Extreme reels like I had a few years ago, other than the wiffle
spool.

Charles,

Who do you think builds the BPS Extreme reels? Certainly not Johnny Morris!
You just bought another Extreme reel, with a wiffle spool..........
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 24th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Charles Summers

That's what I was thinking, but since you've taken all the money that I had
budgeted for fishing supplies this month... I couldn't afford another
Curado. LOL

I just have to see how well this one holds out before I condemn it...

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old January 25th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
That's what I was thinking, but since you've taken all the money that I

had
budgeted for fishing supplies this month... I couldn't afford another
Curado. LOL

I just have to see how well this one holds out before I condemn it...

LOL! Sure, blame it on me......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Old January 25th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Charles Summers

Actually, I can blame it on Jerry for sending me a new reel! LOL

(But I didn't have to pay him anything!)

Old January 25th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Charles Summers

She knows about the reel... it's the rod that she doesn't know about!

You don't tell my wife, and I won't tell Sean. How's that?