soft jerkbaits

Old February 6th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Alwaysfishking

For some reason I love the super flukes in baby bass, but when it rains and
it's cloudy... I have had some amazing results with the arkansas shiner. (
don't know why) My favorite right now..not really a jerkbait, but it can be
fished like one is the Zoom Horny Toads. You can not fish it the wrong way.

Old February 6th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Joshuall

I've fished em all and no doubt about it. . . Bass Assasin is softest, has
the best action and design. Pearl is fav color though they have a great
variets and when I"m up north (Make note Mr. Huber). . . they have a great
rootbeer color with a white belly that just slays the smallies. (remember my
100 bass day a few years ago?) and Axe Charlie Summers too. !

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM
E. Carl Speros

I like the white or chartreuse 6" Slug Go, usually with no weight to
slow down the drop.

Old February 16th, 2005, 04:56 AM

Hi from Austin, Texas! I'm giddy like a schoolgirl - finally a pace
for bass geeks like me! =:^D

I'm a soft jerk-bait lover as well... I usually only get to fish small
reservoirs or tanks (no boat), and I've come to like using the Slug-Go
the best... for one, they last SO much longer than the Bass Assassins
do... and I also think they have a much more dynamic action than the
BA's do, but then again I tend to work the BA Super Flukes much softer
than I do the SlGo - I've had to change a BA after only 3 or 4 casts,
and I've been able to use one SlGo for hours...

My fave experience with fishing Slug-Gos was at a big ol' private tank
in East Travis county... between the 3 of us, we ust have caught 100
bass that day - and I was DOG ASS tired from just merely catching fish
after that day was over! I've NEVER seen bass eat like that before or
since - they were hitting anything that moved... mostly along the
bank, in the short grass where the water had risen... ahhh,
memories...

My fave colors are the dark red 9(?)", blue-silver flecked, and rainbow
salmon...

And folks, there ain't nothin like seeing a bass absolutely DESTROY a
Slug-Go on top of the water! But I've also experimented with
deadsticking, and that's fun too, for an old-school Texas-rig worm
fisherman - that taptaptap is good stuff too!

Old February 16th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Welcome Bob, Glad to have you join in.

On 15 Feb 2005 20:56:33 -0800, sent into the
ether:

[...]

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Bill Ziady

I have always had better luck with the 4.5" Slug Go's. Color will depend on
where you are fishing, but a safe starting place is Arkansas Shiner color.

Old February 18th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Joshuall

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the group.

I love soft jerkbaits as well. I think they'd rank up there among my top
3-4. I however much prefer the BA to the slugos. I know they're not as
durable, but I think they have better action and because they're so soft
feel more natural to fish. But what the heck to we know, you've prob caught
as many bass on slugos as I have on BAs ! lol I guess when it comes right
down to it as many will attest to in this group. . . sometimes the best
lure is the one ya have most confidence in. Glad to have you in the group.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 19th, 2005, 02:13 AM

If I didn't have to replace the damn thing after more than 4 casts, I'd
prolly use them more... and, I can chunk the #%$@ out of the Slug-Go -
can't cast the BD as far... and my experience is that the farther away
you are from the fish, the better...