This FLW Incident

Old February 20th, 2004, 01:58 PM
RGarri7470

Default This FLW Incident

I dunno Ron, I heard last time you got paired with a woman you just took
care of business...

That's true - maybe for more than one reason. But that proves that there should
not be different rules for men partners and men/women. I managed with a woman
partner fine. Just glad I only had to pee tho!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 20th, 2004, 08:51 PM
SimRacer

"go-bassn" wrote in message
No offense taken here AJH, just be aware (I'm sure you are) that you're in
the company of a whole bunch of people that give a hoot about the subject.
Personally, I care a whole lot about it.

Warren

A lot of us out here care Warren, like me, and I've never fished a tourney
in my life, and prolly never will unless ROFB comes to NC for a Southern
Classic while I'm still breathing. :-)

Fishing in general doesn't need nor want any black eyes IMO. Tournament
fishing is simply the pinnacle of what a ton of folks simply do for fun, and
cheaters on tour equate to poachers outside the tournament ranks. They hurt
the rest of us *good apples* by getting all the wrong kinds of (bad) press.

Old February 20th, 2004, 10:42 PM
John Kerr

I don't know what the gentelman did in this case, but I think it should
be a pretty cut and dried thing. A rules infraction that involves
forgetfulness, ignorance, or caught up in the excitement, etc., are
tolerable things, and disqualification is justifed, and that's the end
of it....it is a "penalty" like any other sport. But a criminal act of
cheating to aquire money is a felony, and should be treated like one,
period! It has happened before, and the parties were convicted...the
sport will survive that! I equate bass tournaments to golf tournamnets,
individuals competeing, and the honor system should be held to the
highest standards as it is in golf! The tournament directors should also
be held to those standards....open disclosure of all infractions, and
or, criminal acts by any contestant, or official. To do otherwise is
unacceptable! Like I said, I have no idea what this event is all about,
so this post is not directed at the specifics of the case here. It is a
great sport, a great recreation activity, and we all should do what ever
is in our power to protect it. Now that I ave stired my own emotions, I
think I'll write a letter! grin
JK

Old February 20th, 2004, 11:28 PM
RGarri7470

You can get DQ'ed for that????????? Stupid rule!

Heavy

Yep, you can get disqualified for complaining that the rules are unfair.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:07 AM
J Buck

You can get DQ'ed for that????????? =A0 Stupid rule!

Yep, you can get disqualified for complaining that the rules are
unfair

Seriously? Or do I feel my leg being pulled here?

Old February 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM
RGarri7470

You can get DQ'ed for that????????? =A0 Stupid rule!

Yep, you can get disqualified for complaining that the rules are
unfair

Seriously? Or do I feel my leg being pulled here?

Here is the rule again:
"FLW Tour Rule 7: Sportsmanship
All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship,
courtesy and conservation and to conduct themselves in a manner that will be a
credit to themselves, to FLW Outdoors, FLW Outdoors' sponsors, the sport of
fishing and FLW Outdoors' efforts to promote the sport. Examples of conduct not
complying with those standards include, but are not limited to, the following:

Consumption and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or any kind of

mind-altering substance during registration, the pre-tournament meeting or
during tournament hours extending through the weigh-in procedure.
Abuse of, or addiction to, mind-altering substances.
Conviction of a felony within the past 36 months.
Any other words, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to

promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament
rules.

In case of any conduct not complying with the standards, FLW Outdoors shall
have the right to refuse any application, or to deny a confirmed application,
by returning the entry fee of a previously accepted application, or to
disqualify a contestant. "

Notice the paragraph I marked with - words that reflect unfavorably upon
efforts to promote compliance with tournament rules.

I stongly beleive in not biting the hand that feeds you, but if you feel you
are being treated unfairly, sometimes you say too much. How harsh should the
punishment be for that? Ruining your fishing career?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old February 21st, 2004, 10:28 PM
RGarri7470

as a follow-up, FLW rule 10 states
10. Permitted fishing methods
All bass must be caught alive in a conventional sporting manner.

If he was cheating, why would he be charged with violation of rule 7, not rule
10?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com