Question about Mitchell Copperhead Spin Reel

Old April 22nd, 2005, 05:57 PM
thumper

Default Question about Mitchell Copperhead Spin Reel

Anybody seen one of these?
It's model number is MCHA20-C or MCHA40-C
I'm looking for a mid-size multi bearing spinner, but can't seem to
find any info on these.
The Fishin hole has this on sale for $29.95
http://www.thefishinhole.com/
Is it a good reel? Is it a good price?

TIA
Thumper

BTW - Gr8 group - lurking for awhile now

Old April 24th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Joe Z

I looked at the Copperhead before and it did NOT have instant anti-reverse.
I would never buy another reel without it. Check out Berkley's outlet. Here
is a real good one for a few dollars more. Joe Z.
http://www.ffo-tackle.com/detail.cfm?PassProdId=1842

oups.com...

Old April 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM

Ummmmm....
The copperhead does indeed have instant anti-reverse, the price for
the link one is significantly more and is US (not CDN) and I'm still
looking for some constructive input

Any help out there??

Old April 27th, 2005, 08:55 PM
dan in the bush

wrote in message
om...
Ummmmm....
The copperhead does indeed have instant anti-reverse, the price for
the link one is significantly more and is US (not CDN) and I'm still
looking for some constructive input

I have a copperhead with antireverse that looks like yours. Have had it for
two years now as my back-up reel. It's a bit cumbersome to use and feels a
bit lunky. However, it does come out when I am up in North Ontario
(Kapuskasing area) as my pike reel. It has been solid and reliable. But I
would not recommend it as a reel for say... trout or finness style fishing.
If it's a trolling or heavy game fish reel, then by all means.

That a bit more the type of input you wanted?

Dan in the bush....

Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:50 PM

"dan in the bush" wrote in message ...
Perfect!!!!
Thanks - It's indeed for trolling. I plan on spooling with fireline
and seek out some rather large toothie critters.......

Thanx again......

Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:05 AM
dan in the bush

Fireline's what I use on it as well. Haven't lost a friggin expensive rap
or rap-style since the switch over a couple years ago. Had the hooks
straighten, but not the line snap.

Good luck.
Dan in the bush....