Lamiglas CC 703

Old December 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Lamiglas CC 703

I really like the Lamiglas CC 703 for medium to large topwaters, but I have
snapped three of them in exactly the same place a few inches from the tip.
I has also talked with Lannes and now Harold (previous and current owners of
Sportsmen's Hide-A-Way) and they both told me they have seen a couple of
these broken in the same place. I figure it has to be a flaw in the mfg
process for so many to have been broken in the same place. Lamiglas has
been good about replacing them. I just got a little frustrated with having
to keep sending them back in, and Lamiglas takes a looooong time to ship
back the replacement. And of course its a little pricey at $20 to Lamiglas
and nearly another $20 in shipping and insurance. There are a couple St
Croix rods I may try for my medium to heavy topwater baits instead.
Fortunately I like the Lamiglas CC 705 for wacky rigging senkos, and
Lamiglas didn't mind sending my one of those instead to replace my last CC
703.

Now, I'm off to the tackle store to spend some more money on rods.... Maybe
I'll get a gift certificate to Sportsmen's Hide-A-Way for Christmas.

Overall I can't fault Lamiglas customer service. A bit slow, but then its
only a mid price rod at around $80 retail.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 8th, 2005, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
[...]

I am big fan of the St Croix line here Bob. I like and use a fair number of
their $80-$90 Premier rods and have recently gotten an AC66MHF Avid casting
rod from them too ($160 @ Cabelas). The Premier line is perfect for me and
my black bass fishing, as I favor lighter weight gear on the flat water, but
I wanted that MH rated Avid rod for those times when a little more beef is
warranted. I also used it at the cost this year going after some Redfish,
and it was flawless in the brackish water too. I got it with some light
ocean fishing (flounder/redfish/spanish mackeral) and inland marsh fishing
in addition to bass fishing in mind and it held up like a champ this past
season IMO. Pulled up several 20lb redfish with it this past summer, and it
didn't bat an eyelash at the abuse. Cleaned it up, took the Penn off and put
the Daiwa back on it and it was just at home on the lakes nearby, chasing
those early to mid-fall bass through last month.