OT - Music

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Default OT - Music

Some of my favorite discussions on ROFF have been about music. A few
months ago there was a thread about favorite female singers. I've
recently added this one to my list:

http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

Make sure you listen to "Raincoat." I also like her version of "Dream On."

Russell
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Donut

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:51:13 -0600, "Russell D." wrote:

Some of my favorite discussions on ROFF have been about music. A few
months ago there was a thread about favorite female singers. I've
recently added this one to my list:

http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

Make sure you listen to "Raincoat." I also like her version of "Dream On."

Russell

Thank you Russell

I always like to be turned on to new artists.

I like her a lot, reminds a bit of Jonatha Brooke (Jonatha Brooke &
The Story). And Sarah McLachlan.

http://www.jonathabrooke.com/music/

http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/

Don
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San

"Russell D." wrote ...
Some of my favorite discussions on ROFF have been about music. A few
months ago there was a thread about favorite female singers. I've
recently added this one to my list:

http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

Make sure you listen to "Raincoat." I also like her version of "Dream On."

SWMBO's musical tastes vary, but tend to veer toward the Jazz and Funk
aisles of the music store. She found these folks recently. Good stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/sharonjonesandthedapkings

Dan

Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Daniel-San wrote:
"Russell D." wrote ...
Some of my favorite discussions on ROFF have been about music. A few
months ago there was a thread about favorite female singers. I've
recently added this one to my list:

http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

Make sure you listen to "Raincoat." I also like her version of "Dream On."

SWMBO's musical tastes vary, but tend to veer toward the Jazz and Funk
aisles of the music store. She found these folks recently. Good stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/sharonjonesandthedapkings

Cool! Great stuff. Reminds me of old Motown music. I love that stuff.
Thanks for the link.

Russell
Old August 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:51:13 -0600, "Russell D." wrote:

Some of my favorite discussions on ROFF have been about music. A few
months ago there was a thread about favorite female singers. I've
recently added this one to my list:

http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

Make sure you listen to "Raincoat." I also like her version of "Dream On."

Russell

Any chance of her covering any Black Flag? Maybe "Stick It In..."

Seriously, thanks, but from what I heard....well, that's why there is
chocolate and vanilla, and she's a wee bit too vanilla for my
taste...but I'll concede it may have been the material - Aerosmith? I
mean, I like Tony Bennett, Michael Buble, Harry Connick, etc., doing
_their_ thing, but any of them attempting "Anarchy in the UK" in any
form or fashion is just gonna sound silly...

TC,
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
J & D Moe

wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:51:13 -0600, "Russell D." wrote:

Some of my favorite discussions on ROFF have been about music. A few
months ago there was a thread about favorite female singers. I've
recently added this one to my list:

http://www.kelly-sweet.com/

Make sure you listen to "Raincoat." I also like her version of "Dream On."

Russell

Any chance of her covering any Black Flag? Maybe "Stick It In..."

Seriously, thanks, but from what I heard....well, that's why there is
chocolate and vanilla, and she's a wee bit too vanilla for my
taste...but I'll concede it may have been the material - Aerosmith? I
mean, I like Tony Bennett, Michael Buble, Harry Connick, etc., doing
_their_ thing, but any of them attempting "Anarchy in the UK" in any
form or fashion is just gonna sound silly...

TC,

Russell,

Thanks for posting that link. I've heard "Raincoat" on the radio several
times, fell in love with the voice, and (since the station didn't announce
it) wondered who it was. Great song and voice. I have to agree with Richard
though, I was a bit disturbed by her rendition of "Dream On", leave
Aerosmith to Aerosmith. Some songs just "belong" to the original artists. As
I write this some of her other songs are playing from the site, VERY easy
and enjoyable to listen to after the ****ty day iv'e had.

Jeremy Moe