Fishing is Cold-Hearted!

Old May 20th, 2007, 01:27 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Radium[_2_]

Default Fishing is Cold-Hearted!

On May 19, 4:26 pm, wrote:

Whose fact is it that"...many fish once released ,and swim away, may
well die soon"? Do have some remotely scientific data to support your
wild-eyed claim or do you have a dedicated group of observers who
report to you on a regular schedule?

Fishing kills by tearing the mouth and lips of the fish. It is
extremely painful for the fish. The fish dies from blood loss.

Old May 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
[email protected]

On 19 May 2007 17:27:59 -0700, Radium wrote:

On May 19, 4:26 pm, wrote:

Whose fact is it that"...many fish once released ,and swim away, may
well die soon"? Do have some remotely scientific data to support your
wild-eyed claim or do you have a dedicated group of observers who
report to you on a regular schedule?

Fishing kills by tearing the mouth and lips of the fish. It is
extremely painful for the fish. The fish dies from blood loss.

Yours is simply another in a long line of unsupported PETA opinion.
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:00 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Radium[_2_]

On May 19, 4:26 pm, wrote:

Whose fact is it that"...many fish once released ,and swim away, may
well die soon"? Do have some remotely scientific data to support your
wild-eyed claim or do you have a dedicated group of observers who
report to you on a regular schedule?

Fishing kills by tearing the mouth and lips of the fish. It is
extremely painful for the fish. The fish dies from blood loss.

Yours is simply another in a long line of unsupported PETA opinion.

Nope. Fishing involves slowly and painfully tearing through the flesh
of a fish's lips and mouth. A slow painful death caused by profuse
bleeding from the wounds.

Old June 6th, 2007, 03:50 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
[email protected]

On May 19, 4:26 pm, wrote:

Whose fact is it that"...many fish once released ,and swim away, may
well die soon"? Do have some remotely scientific data to support your
wild-eyed claim or do you have a dedicated group of observers who
report to you on a regular schedule?

Fishing kills by tearing the mouth and lips of the fish. It is
extremely painful for the fish. The fish dies from blood loss.

Yours is simply another in a long line of unsupported PETA opinion.

Nope. Fishing involves slowly and painfully tearing through the flesh
of a fish's lips and mouth. A slow painful death caused by profuse
bleeding from the wounds.

I have been fishing for more than sixty years and I suspect that I
have caught and released more fish than you'll ever see. I have yet
to see one bleed profusely from a hook wound unless hooked in
the gill. Gill hooked fish will bleed and ultimately die but I don't
release any fish that has gill damage. I kill the fish using a Iki
Jime tool and take it for food. I use circle hooks so it's very rare
that I gill hook a fish.

(See http://www.fishingkites.co.nz/cleani...ning_fish.html)

You've been badly hooked by those spreading anti-fishing propaganda
and they won't release you so you must continue to fight to learn the
real truth about fishing. Take a kid fishing.

Old June 9th, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,uk.rec.fishing.game,alt.animals.rights.promotion,talk.environment,rec.animals.wildlife
Cliff

We are helping entire species exist and flourish, so I see the price of
some of their species being caught and released as biologically very cheap.

Furthermore, it is no more painful than being eaten alive by an Otter, or
swallowed whole by a bigger fish or bird and being dissolved alive in their
digestive tract!

--
Fishing with Cliff
The New Fishing Show in Town

Old June 9th, 2007, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article 36, Cliff
writes
We are helping entire species exist and flourish, so I see the price of
some of their species being caught and released as biologically very cheap.

Furthermore, it is no more painful than being eaten alive by an Otter, or
swallowed whole by a bigger fish or bird and being dissolved alive in their
digestive tract!

What pathetic unrelated evidential statements to present. What gives
you the right to decide what is biologically cheap anyway?

In the first case - catch and release fishing is for the fun and
"enjoyment" of the angler who could well find his fun elsewhere

The second case i the survival of the other creatures who hunt fish for
food and some of those creatures may well by hunted themselves to feed a
higher order species.
--
Bill Grey

Old June 9th, 2007, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Niteawk

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article 36, Cliff
writes
We are helping entire species exist and flourish, so I see the price of
some of their species being caught and released as biologically very
cheap.

Furthermore, it is no more painful than being eaten alive by an Otter, or
swallowed whole by a bigger fish or bird and being dissolved alive in
their
digestive tract!

What pathetic unrelated evidential statements to present. What gives you
the right to decide what is biologically cheap anyway?

Anglers are conservationists, the money we pay for season tickets, rod
licences, day tickets etc pays for the maintainence of thousands of waters
up and down the country, as a direct result of this complete eco systems are
formed maintaining all forms of wildlife, without fee paying anglers most of
what you now see in the countryside would not or could not exist, so I think
it is biologically cheap seeing as we paid for it.

In the first case - catch and release fishing is for the fun and
"enjoyment" of the angler who could well find his fun elsewhere

Which does no harm whatsoever.

The second case i the survival of the other creatures who hunt fish for
food and some of those creatures may well by hunted themselves to feed a
higher order species.

Thats where we come in, you cant beat a fried brownie with all the
trimmings, yum yum

Old June 9th, 2007, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Niteawk
writes
The second case i the survival of the other creatures who hunt fish for
food and some of those creatures may well by hunted themselves to feed a
higher order species.

Thats where we come in, you cant beat a fried brownie with all the
trimmings, yum yum

Oh yes you can - two fried brownies even yummier !

Catch and release does more harm than good. The fish may swim away but
may well die later.
--
Bill Grey

Old June 11th, 2007, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Niteawk

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Niteawk
writes
The second case i the survival of the other creatures who hunt fish for
food and some of those creatures may well by hunted themselves to feed a
higher order species.

Thats where we come in, you cant beat a fried brownie with all the
trimmings, yum yum

Oh yes you can - two fried brownies even yummier !

Catch and release does more harm than good. The fish may swim away but
may well die later.

I disagree, no anglers = no fish.

Old June 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Niteawk
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Niteawk
writes
The second case i the survival of the other creatures who hunt fish for
food and some of those creatures may well by hunted themselves to feed a
higher order species.

Thats where we come in, you cant beat a fried brownie with all the
trimmings, yum yum

Oh yes you can - two fried brownies even yummier !

Catch and release does more harm than good. The fish may swim away but
may well die later.

I disagree, no anglers = no fish.

At this juncture we must part company for we shall never agree on this.

You are wrong of course :-)
--
Bill Grey