Brenig 2004

Old March 5th, 2004, 11:23 PM
W. D. Grey

Default Brenig 2004

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Ah..... well now, that all depends if your going the whole nine yards and
cooking as well! Me? I'll use the pub for breakfast and evening meal.

Now that is NOT camping.

Go for it Andy brew up and do the bacon and eggs bit in the morning and
you'll feel much better for it. Anyway - I'm and OAP struggling on a
state pension :-)

I like the camp fire bit, but the midges will definitely be a problem.
In the same breath as camp fire I speak of BBQ - how about that then ?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Derek.Moody

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Ah..... well now, that all depends if your going the whole nine yards and
cooking as well! Me? I'll use the pub for breakfast and evening meal.

Now that is NOT camping.

Go for it Andy brew up and do the bacon and eggs bit in the morning and
you'll feel much better for it. Anyway - I'm and OAP struggling on a
state pension :-)

I like the camp fire bit, but the midges will definitely be a problem.
In the same breath as camp fire I speak of BBQ - how about that then ?

As long as bbq or campfire is kept going it should reduce the midge problem
but a percentage always get through - just how bad are they up there?

A few bottles of brown ale will help to keep them off too - Should one drink
brown with bbq'd trout? Does anyone care?

Cheerio,

Old March 7th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Andy Lawson

I've got no problems in having a barbecue if someone's prepared to bring one
along. The again, we could really 'rough it' and use a camp fire to cook our
catches on! Then again, based on our normal catch rates, we might be left
somewhat hungry! :-)

Brown ale? Tut tut...... A nice little Chardonnay surely!

--
Andy Lawson

Old March 7th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Andy Lawson
wrote:

I've got no problems in having a barbecue if someone's prepared to bring one
along. The again, we could really 'rough it' and use a camp fire to cook our
catches on! Then again, based on our normal catch rates, we might be left
somewhat hungry! :-)

Brown ale? Tut tut...... A nice little Chardonnay surely!

Brown ale is high in vit b complex - which confuses the midges targetting
systems. The Methodist's used to issue it to their missionaries in
mosquito-infested climes - for external application only.

I find a couple of spoonsfull is enough to slap on but then there's the rest
of the bottle to deal with.

Cheerio,

Old March 7th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Alec Powell

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:

I've got no problems in having a barbecue if someone's prepared to bring one
along. The again, we could really 'rough it' and use a camp fire to cook our
catches on! Then again, based on our normal catch rates, we might be left
somewhat hungry! :-)

Brown ale? Tut tut...... A nice little Chardonnay surely!

Oi! Messrs Lawson and Moody. You blokes are giving us southerners a bad
name and giving ammo to the northern and western crowd that we are a
bunch of softies! Barbecues and Brown Ale! Whatever next?
We're supposed to be going there to fish not take our deck chairs and
sit by the side of the lake sunning ourselves.
I dunno! What next? Take our wives and kids with us?
Yours,
Disgusted of Watlington
BTW I must be a reincarnated midge 'cos I hate Brown Ale too!

Old March 8th, 2004, 08:24 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Derek.Moody
writes
As long as bbq or campfire is kept going it should reduce the midge problem
but a percentage always get through - just how bad are they up there?

Midges are attracted to exhaled CO2. So hold your breath for a trouble
free evening:-)

We had a BBQ and they were a damn nuisance. I have a midge net to wear
over my broad brimmed hat and that did a good job of keeping them away.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:27 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Alec Powell
writes
We're supposed to be going there to fish not take our deck chairs and
sit by the side of the lake sunning ourselves.

Look at the form book matey!!

No fish and P*****G down Sunning your self and cooking our catches
indeed......!!!

Better bring a pound or two of sausages and a damned good raincoat :-)

Have faith.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:29 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
writes

I've got no problems in having a barbecue if someone's prepared to bring one
along. The again, we could really 'rough it' and use a camp fire to cook our
catches on! Then again, based on our normal catch rates, we might be left
somewhat hungry! :-)

Brown ale? Tut tut...... A nice little Chardonnay surely!

Is it still likely to be Cwellyn, or is there a nicer venue we can
consider.

I'm still only in the considering stage.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Andy Lawson

Is it still likely to be Cwellyn, or is there a nicer venue we can
consider.

I'm still only in the considering stage.
--

Unless you know of or can suggest an alternative venue?

--
Andy Lawson

Old March 9th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Derek.Moody

In article , Alec Powell
wrote:

Oi! Messrs Lawson and Moody. You blokes are giving us southerners a bad
name and giving ammo to the northern and western crowd that we are a
bunch of softies! Barbecues and Brown Ale! Whatever next?

Some soothing music would be nice...

Cheerio,