Friday, 3/18/11 - Poconos Creek

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
dr.narcolepsy[_2_]

Default Friday, 3/18/11 - Poconos Creek

I don't think you have to be a facebook believer in order to see
these:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=28c5fced30

But if you are on facebook, please don't hesitate to friend me!

Kyle
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Injun Joe

Nice trip story--plan to open my season in N.C. brookie stream in
ten days. What is a forerunner ?
I just hike back downstream to trail to car and hardly ever get
lost ! But then again with my aged body I never fish very far
upstream. Brookie streams in N.C. are tough climbing----spending more
time on stocked delayed harvest open streams as Dave described in
his post about his Wilson Creek adventure.

Joe the Elder

Old March 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
dr.narcolepsy[_2_]

On Mar 21, 7:01*am, Injun Joe wrote:
Nice trip story--plan to open *my * season in N.C. brookie stream in
ten days. What is a forerunner ?
I just hike back downstream to trail to car *and hardly ever get
lost ! But then again with my aged body I never fish very far
upstream. Brookie streams in N.C. are tough climbing----spending more
time on *stocked *delayed harvest open streams as Dave described in
his post *about his *Wilson Creek *adventure.

Joe the Elder

The forerunner 405 is in garmin's wrist-worn series. It connects to
your computer wirelessly. I use it for trail running - you get
distance, pace, etc., info on the display. The forerunner 410 is the
currrent generation of that model.

I don't take it fishing to find my way, I take it fishing because I
find it very interesting to see, later, where I actually was, how long
I fished in comparison to how long I hiked, I can mark exactly where
some interesting feature is or where some interesting event occurred -
mostly just fun stuff, not practical stuff. It's nice to include the
track laid on a terrain map in an electronic notebook of fishing
experiences.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=11039
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_5_]

On 3/21/2011 12:34 AM, dr.narcolepsy wrote:
I don't think you have to be a facebook believer in order to see
these:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=28c5fced30

But if you are on facebook, please don't hesitate to friend me!

Kyle

Nice pics. I've been surprised how much left coast brookies like little
stimulators.

- JR
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"JR" wrote

I've been surprised how much left coast brookies like little
stimulators.

if i could only choose *one* fly....see above.

yfitons
wayno

Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Mar 23, 9:45*am, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
"JR" wrote

stimulators.

if i could only choose *one* fly....see above.

yfitons
wayno

Well, yeah.....but we were talking about fishing.

giles
who, if we are going to get all specific and ****, would still hold
out for a single mary louise parker over a whole host of royal
whoevers.
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Giles" wrote

Well, yeah.....but we were talking about fishing.

giles
who, if we are going to get all specific and ****, would still hold
out for a single mary louise parker over a whole host of royal
whoevers.

careful, my lad; one can never be sure about who reads one's posts, around
here...

yfitons
wayno

Old March 26th, 2011, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Mar 24, 9:55*am, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
"Giles" wrote

Well, yeah.....but we were talking about fishing.

giles
who, if we are going to get all specific and ****, would still hold
out for a single mary louise parker over a whole host of royal
whoevers. * * * *

careful, my lad; one can never be sure about who reads one's posts, around
here...

yfitons
wayno

Yah, the queen sucks horses. And Elizabeth......well, who cares?

giles
who is all the major fan of readers and ****.