Hot Spots

Old August 15th, 2006, 12:45 AM posted to alt.fishing
Strat92

Default Hot Spots

I have a 9 year old daughter who wants to catch fish!!! We have a 12
ft aluminum and a 9.5 evinrude with a fish finder. Where are the hot
spots around Hamilton Ontario??????
Old August 15th, 2006, 03:50 AM posted to alt.fishing
Pepperoni

Strat92 wrote:
I have a 9 year old daughter who wants to catch fish!!! We have a 12
ft aluminum and a 9.5 evinrude with a fish finder. Where are the hot
spots around Hamilton Ontario??????

This time of year, just about anywhere. The only limiting factor is
your boat and your experience. Be safe.

Right now, the salmon are staging near the river mouths getting ready
to spawn as the water temp drops. Lakers and browns may be in the mix.
Walleye should be active, with pike and nice perch always ready to
bite.

The rivers will be chaotic when the salmon run, and shoulder-to
shoulder fishermen. I would find a protected bay and anchor or drift,
bouncing jig & minnow in 15-30 feet of water. Leeches do well, or
crawlers. It will be a mixed bag with the chance of a few real trophys.
If you want to troll, use about any lure in the box.

Your best local resource will be the bait shops, and the boats
returning to the launch point. You won't have a problem finding fish.

Good luck.

Pepperoni

Old August 24th, 2006, 02:31 AM posted to alt.fishing
PA Man

When is a good time to fish southern Ontario?
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:37 AM posted to alt.fishing
PA Man

What about the lake?
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:18 AM posted to alt.fishing
Pepperoni

Pa Man wrote:
What about the lake?

I would find a protected bay and anchor or drift,
bouncing jig & minnow in 15-30 feet of water. Leeches do well, or
crawlers. It will be a mixed bag with the chance of a few real trophys.

If you want to troll, use about any lure in the box.

Everything can be taken now. Around the river mouths, salmon will be
concentrated, as will boat traffic. Smaller boats should be wary of
extreme weather and wave action. I fish western Lake Erie, and prefer
to drift with live bait. The fish are there almost anywhere. You can
cover a lot of water, drifting.